Sunday, June 1, 2014

Beginnails' Sunday Six Week 26

Greetings and Nailutions!

It's Sunday!  That means sharing my Sunday Six...my 6 favorite manis of the week.  Most were nail art!

First is a mani I did for a nail art contest, where I used teal and purple to raise awareness about Scleroderma, Fibromyalgia and Lupus.  I started with a white base, then took a teal and purple and wiped off most of the polish at the lip of the bottle and dry-brushed it on.  I added a quick dry topcoat and let it dry.  Then I added Nail Vinyls zig-zags aka chevrons and added on black and peeled the Nail Vinyls off.  Everything was topped with a glitter topcoat.  I loved how they turned out.


Next is a dotticure using Jenna Hipp polishes.  I have become obsessed with dots lately.  They are so fun and easy!  I use dotting stylus tools to make the dots, but anything will work...ball point pen, bobby pin, eraser on a pencil.


I didn't do enough nail art this week but I loved this swatch of Skin Deep from Drip Drop Nail Paint.  The color is amazing.


Holo alert!  Holographic polish is so fun when it hits the light right.  This is Peer Pressure (pink) and Chasing Rainbows (black) from Emily de Molly (an aussie indie).


I actually did this mani a few weeks ago, but hadn't posted it on instagram.  This is stamping with rhinestone placement.  This turned out better than I thought it would in my head!


Strawberry!!  I did this for a theme of fruit.  I decided to use exaggerated seeds and I liked how it turned out.



Which is your favorite?  Don't forget to follow me on Facebook, instagram/twitter @beginnails, Pinterest and follow my blog using GFC or bloglovin (off to the right).

Happy Polishing!
Kristi aka @BeginNails

2 comments:

  1. They are all really cute but my favorite would have to be the first one! Love how the distressed mani peeks through the zigzags!! Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute manis. I love the dry brush/chevron one and the stamped one the most. What stamp did you use for the stamped mani?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)