Sunday, January 4, 2015

3 Empties: Dream Polish Top Coat, Younique Facial Cleanser and Fortune Cookie Soap Shower Steamer

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how well they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.

First product is my trusty Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish in the scent of Summer Melon.  If you follow me on instagram, you'll know that most of my manis are topped with Gem Glam Top Coat.  Out of all the scents that Vanessa offers, this has been one of my favorites (although I haven't tried Strawberry Champagne or Candy Cane yet).  For me, Gem Glam Top Coat dries quickly and provide coverage and protection for the underlying polish.

Smell Test: YUM!  I wish it was summer all year, so this scent was obtainable.
Feel Test: super shiny and long lasting
Packaging Test: one of my favorite things about Gem Glam Top Coat is the wide brush, allows me to quickly add a top coat
Buy Again: of course, I am currently stocked up with a few in my drawer of top coats!


Next was part of my first order from Fortune Cookie Soap.  I ordered the soap box and received a Steam Me Up Scotty shower steam fizzy in the scent of "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!"  All the products in the collection are inspired by the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  This was my first experience with a shower fizzy and I really enjoyed it.  It adds an aromatherapeutic experience that is a little different than a regular shower.  I could smell mint and some herbs I couldn't place, and reminded me of fresh clean snow scent.  I am excited to try other products from Fortune Cookie Soap.

Smell Test: mint, freshness, snow, herbs, I really like the smell as it was clean
Feel or Look Test:  It was the perfect size, as it lasted about 15 minutes when it was out of the full blast of the water from the shower head.
Packaging:  it comes in a little block and foil, easy to access and use.
Buy Again:  YES!  I am excited to try more of these products of shower fizzies and also other products in this box.


*Photo courtesy of Fortune Cookie Soap


The last product is a facial cleanser that I have fallen in love with.  It is called Awake by Younique.  I loved it so much I thought I bought a second, but I bought a different cleanser made by Younique and my face has been in revolt!  Awake contains Garden Chrysanthemum, Aloe Vera and Licorice Root.  It threw me off at first because it is a dark grey color.

Smell Test: I really like the smell, it's not too flowery, and smells earthy like natural ingredients.  
Feel or Look Test: The color did take some getting used to, but my face responded positively to this product.
Packaging: Easy to screw off/on cap.  The only thing I didn't like is that it's a little thin, so it falls over easily if you aren't careful and it's even worse on the new product that replaced Awake.
Buy Again: Sadly NO.  Younique has changed it's product line and this product doesn't exist anymore.  Now I am on the look out for a new facial cleanser.

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have similar or different experiences than I did?

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)