Tuesday, April 28, 2015

WingDust Polish Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

Every so often I purchase polish from a brand I haven't tried.  I had heard great things about WingDust Polish and wanted to branch out from my usual purchases.  I also saw release photos of 2 new polishes that were holographic AND had flakes....WHAT!?  I had been wanting a purple with gold flakes (college colors) and so during the pre-order I ordered 2.  I'm always nervous trying new indie brands because you never know what you get until it arrives and I will say that WingDust does NOT disappoint!  The sweetest thing is that Stephanie, owner of WingDust, included an extra polish in my order too!

Now let's get to some swatches!

First up is Steel Town Girl, which is a steel blue linear holo with iridescent and turquoise glitter shards as well as 24 karat gold flakes.  I was so excited about these polishes and this one blew my mind!  There was zero glitter fishing and plenty of flakes appeared with each dip of the brush.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.




Next up is Meet Me @ Midnight, which is a dusty deep purple linear holo jelly which contains turquoise and magenta micro glitter and 24 karat gold flakes.  This is the one I was most excited for, but I was a little disappointed that the gold flakes were more sparsely incorporated into the polish than in Steel Town Girl.  It took a lot of effort to fish them out...and flake fishing is harder than glitter fishing.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.



The last polish is the one that was added in and it is called Snacks Time.  It is a pretty mint glitter crelly that contains white, light blue and yellow hexes, turquoise triangles, light blue circles and my favorite...yellow mini stars.  It is such a pretty polish.  Glitter fishing was required for the larger glitters (stars, triangles).  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.



Shiny Top Coat: Gem Glam Top Coat from www.dreampolish.com

Loves:  Original combinations...holo AND flakes?  YES PLEASE!  And now I'm drooling over Tall, Dark & Roasty which is a chocolate colored holo with gold flakies!

Wishes:  I really love this brand and I'm so glad I tried out.  The only thing I wish is that Meet Me @ Midnight have as much gold flakies as Steel Town Girl.  I also want to see more holo + flakies meet!  Like red, orange, light blue, light purple, grey, black...the list can go on!

Stay Connected:
Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WingDustCollections
Instagram: @wingdust
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WingDustCollections




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)