Monday, July 6, 2015

Jamberry Jammin' Swatch, Review and Nail Art

Greetings and Nailutations,

*Gift*
Today I am going to review a polish made by Jamberry.  Jamberry is known for making nail wraps, but also make polish too.  I was invited to a Jamberry party and ended up purchasing some as a gift to one of my sisters (she loves them).  I personally paint my nails too often to make it worth the cost of using nail wraps.  The Jamberry consultant provided this polish as a gift to me, so I decided I would review it since I had not tried this brand before.  Jamberry polish is 5-free so it doesn't contain the harsh chemicals that can be found in some polish.

Now let's get to some manis!

Jammin' is a metallic purple that takes on a completely different look in filtered light vs natural daylight.  I did have to be soft with the brush as it is the type of polish that leaves brush marks.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat (1st, 3rd and 4th photos in filtered light).





When I acquire a new polish there are always things I check for...stamping ability and if it can water marble.  The first test I did was stamping.  Jammin' stamped perfectly and I was impressed with how well is stamped.  Photos show 2 coats of Jenna and the Giant Peach from Jenna Hipp as a base stamped with Jammin' from Jamberry using What's Up Nails Creative Shop Stamper and FUN05 Stamping Plate all topped with a GirlyBits Cosmetics Polish Matte'rs Top Coat.




The last test is water marbling.  I started off with a neon yellow base (Citrus Dream from Kandi Lacquer) and wrapped my skin in Lickity Split Latex Mani Mask by Ellagee, then used Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish and Jamberry's Jammin' to water marble.  It worked really well and I love how the look ended up.  Top coat is Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.





Loves: I love that Jamberry polishes can stamp and water marble.  Not all polishes work well with those types of techniques.  The formula was easy to work with and I also love that it is 5-free so it doesn't contain some of the harsh chemicals that can be found in polish.

Wishes:  I wish Jamberry polish was a little more wallet friendly.  They retail for $15 for a 12mL  (typical bottles carry 15mL) while most indies are anywhere from $7-16 for a 15mL.

Have you ever tried Jamerry?  Were you happy with the experience?

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)