Monday, August 10, 2015

3 Empties: Dream Polish Gem Glam Top Coat, Fortune Cookie Soap Whipped Cream and Sunny's Body Products Hand Lotion

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.

The first product is my go to top coat from Dream Polish, Gem Glam Top Coat in the scent of Clovers and Dirt.  This was a limited edition spring scent and it has become one of my top scents.  Right now I would rank them as Melon Baller/Summer Melon (tied for 1st), then Clovers and Dirt and then Pink Sugar.  Gem Glam Top Coat is also 5-free, so it doesn't contain 5 of the harsh chemicals that can be found in polish.


Smell Test:  smells like earth, or grass on a spring morning.  So refreshing and clean (even though the word dirt is in the name!)
Feel Test fast drying
Packaging Test:  easy application, due to the wide brush
Buy Again:  Of course!  I have a drawer dedicated to Gem Glam Top Coat scents!

The next product I used up was from Fortune Cookie Soap.  I purchased a Whipped Cream, which is their whipped body lotion in the scent of Krispy Cream.  I have become obsessed with Fortune Cookie Soap's Whipped Creams and they are one of my favorite products in their shop.


Smell Test: super sweet, like a glazed donut.  My husband LOVED the scent, but it was a bit too sweet for me.
Feel or Look Test:  Smooth, light and buttery feeling.  Makes my skin feel so moisturized.
Packaging: Nice pot, with screw on lid and see-through jar.
Buy Again:  YES!  I love the Whipped Creams, but will try for less sweet scents.

The last product was a product that was in Sunny's Body Products Exclusive Spring Box.  It is Sunny's On The Go Hand Lotion in the scent of Breezes and Sunshine.  I was looking forward to the Spring Box because all the scents were described as clean - and I love clean scents.  


Smell Test:  soft, clean floral scent.  I'm sniffing my hands after rubbing the last of it on my hands and I smell lilies and fabric softener sheets in the fresh outdoor scent.
Feel or Look Test: I loved this lotion!  It absorbed very quickly, which is important since I kept this at my desk at work and I don't like greasy finger prints on my keyboard.  
Packaging: it came in a 1 oz plastic bottle, which had a flip lid.  I liked the shape and look of this container.   
Buy Again: Yes she carries over 400 scents!  I would order this scent again, but it was exclusive to the Spring Box.

Have you tried any of these products?  What are your thoughts?

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)