Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Candy Drops 1st Anniversary Duo Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations!

Today I have a the 1st Anniversary Duo from Drip Drop Nail Paint (DDNP) and Candied Apple Polish (CAP) aka The Candy Drops!  I have gotten every Candy Drop Duo for the last year (except 1....but I was able to get my hands on the Drip Drop half of it).  This duo was special, in that DDNP and CAP recreated a previous polish of each other's.  This duo also came with some drip nail vinyls from Nails Redesigned and some charms from Charmed Dangerous.

Photo courtesy of DDNP


Now let's get to some swatches!

First up is the polish from Candied Apple Polish called Ode To Cotton Candy.  It is a beautiful white glitter crelly.  Ode To Cotton Candy contains neon pink and magenta hexes in a few sizes, pink circles, white squares and silver holographic micro bars.  This is a gorgeous polish and formula was easy to work with as well!  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.





The second polish in the duo is called Ode To Twisted Taffy from Drip Drop Nail Paint.  Ode To Twisted Taffy is a light olive green glitter crelly that contains pink, yellow and white small hexes, teal triangles and yellow and pink medium size hexes.  It applied nicely and photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.





Shiny Top Coat: Gem Glam Top Coat from www.dreampolish.com

Loves:  I love the Candy Drop Duos, it's a great way to get 2 new polishes from some of my favorite indies.  Both their formulas are always on point and their creativity keeps me loving them.  I love that they have been doing these duos for a year!  Congrats ladies!  I also love the cuticle oil that came with the duo and the fun drip vinyls (which I will use later in other manis).

Wishes:  The duo also came with plastic charms, but I didn't care for how they looked with the polish and they were on the large side.  I am picky with charms since my nails are small.  I'd love to see additions to their duo, like nail products and vinyls and/or rhinestones.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)