Monday, September 21, 2015

September Mani Of The Month Box Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I have the September Mani Of The Month box which features products from Heather's HuesDream Polish and Nails Redesigned.  September's box had the theme of Fall Festival and also had two guest contributors.  Each box features a full size polish, a mini glitter topper and assorted extra glitter all from Heather's Hues, a base coat, top coat in mini size and a nail care item from Dream Polish and an assortment of nail vinyl decals and Swarovski crystals from Nails Redesigned.

This box came with red apple and gold leaf decals, leaf stencils, amber and cranberry rhinestone crystals all from Nails Redesigned, and Gem Stick base coat, Gem Glam top coat and Cuticle oil in the scent of Maple Apple from Dream Polish.  The special guest contributors, Polish TBH and MTK Designs, included a mini.


Now let's get to some swatches!
First up is my absolute favorite polish of the box, a purple-blue glitter jelly.  I am always won over with purple and it's a jelly, so it easily became my favorite!  It is called Hoodies and Hayrides from Heather's Hues.  Hoodies and Hayrides contains multi-colored iridescent flakes that really pop in the blurple jelly.  Photos show 2 coats with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish (1st and 2nd photos) and matte top coat (3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th photos).








Next is Caramel Dipped Granny Smiths, a cream colored glitter crelly.  Caramel Dipped Granny Smiths contains gold, yellow and beige hexes, brown squares and golden shimmer.  The formula was a little on the thicker side, but allowed me to get away with just 1 coat.  Photos show 1 coat with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.





Another favorite of the box for me is Polish TBH's Corn Maze (guest contributor).  Corn Maze is a pretty deep olive green with gold hexes, shimmer, flakies and micro flakies.  It had great formula and applied nicely.  I absolutely loved it with a matte top coat.  Photos show 2 coats with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish (photos 1st, 2nd and 3rd photos) and matte top coat (4th, 5th, 6th and 7th photos).









The other guest contributor is from MTK Designs with Indian Fire.  This was my first MTK Designs polish, so I was excited to try a new-to-me brand.  Indian Fire is a yellow jelly with pink and yellow shimmer and micro flakies.  Formula was easy to work with and applied nicely and does show visible nail line.  Photos show 2 coats with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.






I also did some rhinestone nail art with the cranberry and amber Swarovski crystals from Nails Redesigned.  I used Caramel Dipped Granny Smiths from Heather's Hues as the base and made a simple pyramid of rhinestones.  Top coat is Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.



I love the nail art with Hoodie and Hayrides from Heather's Hues.  I stamped with It Girl 103 Plate, MPolish Bells of Ireland, Apple Blossom and Sweetclover and a What's Up Nails Creative Shop Stamper.  I topped the mani off with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.



I also used the gold leaf decals from Nails Redesigned over Polish TBH's Corn Maze.  The gold flakies really enhance the decals.  Top coat is of course from Dream Polish.



Another nail art mani I did was using MTK Design as the base.  I wanted to use the multi-colored glitter shards that Heather includes in the box.  I attempted a fall tree.



I used the stencils in another mani, which I will feature in a later blog post!  :)

The Dream Polish products in the box were all in the scent of Maple Apple.  I love fall scents and this mix of apple and maple together had me dreaming of warm donuts on a brisk morning.

Loves: I absolutely love Heather's Hues jellies and Hoodies and Hayrides is lovely because it's not only a jelly, but also one of my favorites colors!  I also love the fun decals and stencils!  They are versatile and can be used in a variety of manis.  The Dream Polish scent for the box is delicious too!

Wishes:  I was happy with the addition of the guest contributor including a polish.  :)

You can order the Mani Of The Month Box from any of the 3 brands above!  The contents are always a surprise and pre-orders quickly sell out.  Be sure to follow them all on Instagram  (@mydreampolish, @heathers_hues and @nails_redesigned) or their Facebook pages to updates.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)