Tuesday, February 2, 2016

3 Empties: Nails Redesigned Cuticle Oil, Fortune Cookie Soap Solid Shampoo and L'occitane Moisturizer

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.



The first product is cuticle oil from Nails Redesigned's nail care line called Calm Your Tips in the scent of Witch's Brew from her Fall scents.  I received this product with a few others to review for Sara's grand opening of Calm Your Tips.


Smell Test: It smelled like apple cider.  The scent is warming and delicious!  I kept smelling my nails when I used it and wanted to eat them up!
Feel Test:  Cuticle oil absorbed quickly and keep my nails and cuticles moisturized.
Packaging Test: I simply adore the cuticle pens.  It's the easiest and cleanest way to apply cuticle oil into all my cuticle nooks and crannies.
Buy Again: Yes!  I have some Limoncello cuticle oil from Calm Your Tips too!!

The next product is a solid shampoo bar from Fortune Cookie Soap.  The solid shampoo was part of the fall box and this was the 2nd solid shampoo bar that I've tried from FCS and I'm still on the fence about them.  I feel awkward using them....is it just me?


Smell Test: This shampoo bar smelled like a cookie....like a delicious warm chocolate chip oatmeal cookie.  I really did want to eat the shampoo bar.
Feel or Look Test: Solid shampoo bars are difficult to get used to.  I am still at a loss for how to use it.  Do you create a lather in your hands and then go to wash your hair, or do you rub the solid shampoo on your head?  My hair did feel clean and smelled wonderful after using the shampoo bar.
Packaging:  The bar didn't seem 100% cured.  It was soft and moldable.  I have a 2nd one that I waited for 2 months and it hardened as it should.  
Buy Again: Not sure....if it comes in a package, I would use it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a solid shampoo bar.

The last product is one I am very sad about.  I purchased it at a L'occitane outlet store and started using it on my face.  My face reacted wonderfully, with smooth flawless skin.  Of course since the product was in the outlet store, it was being discontinued.  


Smell Test:  clean scent
Feel or Look Test:  light, quickly absorbed into my skin, didn't leave my face greasy.
Packaging: packaged in a glass container with a pump.  
Buy Again: No, because I can't....  sad face.

Have you tried any of these products?  What are your thoughts?

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

4 comments:

  1. This is a fun post...I love seeing people's empties! I love cuticle pens too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate when you use up something pricey?! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand shampoo bars either so I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand shampoo bars either

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)