Thursday, March 9, 2017

3 Empties: Fortune Cookie Soap OCD Hand Sanitizer, KB Shimmer Mani Shot and AG Hair Cosmetics Fast Food

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.


Now let's get to the empties!


The first item is OCD Hand Sanitizer from Fortune Cookie Soap (FCS).  I got this in one of the quarterly boxes that was inspired by Finding Dory or Nemo or some other sea creature that has lost it's way.  :)


Scent: fruity scent with notes of pear, apples, plum blossoms as well as sandalwood and amber
Feel: it's hand sanatizer - it's not that exotic.  haha
Packaging: small flip top plastic container, perfect to have in my purse
Buy Again: I am constantly using hand sanitizer, I'm not a huge germ-a-phobe, but after handling menus are restaurants, going up or down stairs in public places (since I hold the hand rail) I will always have a need for hand sanitizer.  This wasn't my favorite scent from FCS, but there are plenty more to try!

Then next item is a KB Shimmer mani shot.  If you aren't familiar with this product, it is a mani bomb of sorts that you pour into warm water and let your hands/nails soak and moisturize.


Scent: Chai Tea - to me it was a soft floral herb scent.  I really enjoyed it.
Feel: My first ever mani shot - I had some drying out of my skin (I believe it was a really old mani shot), but this one (3rd one) was perfection.  My skin felt moisturized after use and the scent lingered too.  I couldn't share the 2nd experience, the container actually exploded when I tried to squeeze the product out!  I had mani shot dust all over the bathroom!  Oops!
Packaging: Little "shot" plastic tub (like disposable shot cups at a bar).
Buy Again: Yes!  I still have some to use though.

The last product is AG Hair Cosmetics Fast Food Leave On Conditioner.  I purchased this at the hair dresser a few years ago.


Scent: Soft floral, almost hair spray scent like.
Feel: It claims to be weightless, but I thought it had some weight to it and appreciated it because it made my natural waves look great in a controlled fashion.
Packaging: Flip top plastic squeeze tube.
Buy Again: I have so many other leave in conditioners to use, I will hold off.

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have different experiences with them?  Do you put date of purchase on your products?

Happy Emptying,
Kristi aka BeginNails

20 comments:

  1. That mani shot looks lovely, and I loooove chai tea flavoured anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never tasted chai tea! LOL, I should try it now.

      Delete
  2. I read fruity and I'm already in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that AG leave in conditioner! I keep one in my travel bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the KBShimmer Mani Shots! Interesting that leave in conditioner would be in a squeeze tube and not a spray bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It took some testing to figure out the best way to apply it evenly.

      Delete
  5. Kbshimmer mani shots are so great, especially during winter time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hand sanitiser has very cute packaging! Would you believe I've never tried a mani shot! I think there's an advent calendar with just mani shots - I'm getting it next time LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. I still have a KBShimmer mani shot from the Polish Convention that I have to use pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mani shot -- well that sounds like fun! I hadn't heard of it before, but this sounds lovely! Will keep this in mind for the future :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's like a little personal spa day for my hands.

      Delete
  9. I have wanted to try FCS products forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been pleased with mostly everything (I had issues - as did at least 3-4 others with their deodorant).

      Delete
  10. I feel like I need that Chai Tea Mani Shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)